Being Real with God
Posted by steve on Sun, 03/29/2009 - 10:46 in
Download the MP3.
Scripture for today's sermon:
- Because Rahab believed God and that belief was demonstrated in her actions (not just believing in God), she was rewarded with being integrated into God's family and eventually became part of the lineage that lead to Jesus' coming to earth.
- Believing in something acknowledges that it exists and that might affect you. Believing something changes your thoughts, changes your actions, changes you.
- God promises to Joshua, just as he promised Moses, that he will be with him and the land they are entering has already been given to them. God makes the same promise to us (Romans 8).
- How long are we going to wait to take advantage of the promises that God has already given us? If you already know the promises of God, what is preventing you from taking advantage of them. This usually means we have to stop believing in the promises of God and believe the promises of God.
- God is going to work through you to accomplish His work. Every action is God's work and works together to bring glory to him.