- Ecclesiastes 6:1-12
- Luke 12:13-21
- Colossians 1:16
- Romans 1:18-23
Your comforts in life are uncertain.
- You can everything and be miserable.
- God gives gifts to enjoy in life and also the ability/power to enjoy them. Joy is not inherent in the things in life. Joy comes through the things in life. Windows cannot produce light. They only let the light through.
- God keeps you alive to enjoy life.
- God reveals himself through life’s blessings. Like a window lets in light, blessings let in God.
- We enjoy blessings by recognizing that God is the one that gave it and he is the one it is for.
- Don’t fall into the trap of falling more in love with the gift than the giver.
Your knowledge is limited.
- There is much benefit in wisdom. As brilliant as you may be, wisdom will not solve your problems since our ultimate problem is not an intellectual one.
- Our ability to learn and gain knowledge is so limited in scope that we cannot even begin to comprehend how little we are able to know.