- Nehemiah 2:9-chapter 4
- Philippians 1:27
- Romans 7:15-8:3
- Romans 8:32-33
- 2 Samuel 16
- Hebrews 12:1-2
Three things that the Lord has for all of us to do.
- We regularly need to be reminded of the obvious: An example of this is the Lord’s Supper. We are forgetful people, we often see only the bad in life and we need to be reminded that God is our father and he in control of everything. God needs to be center stage in every aspect of our lives. The cross is a reminder of our own love’s inability. It is a reminder that it took Jesus’ blood and God’s love to save us.
- We all have work to do: We have every reason to doubt ourselves. The first thing out of our mouths when it comes to God’s work is I can’t do that. In our flesh there is nothing good. We have the desire to do God’s work but we can’t seem to ever follow through. However, we have every reason to trust God because we have been set free by the law of the Spirit. When we sin we condemn ourselves but God has declared and made us innocent. When we condemn ourselves we are disagreeing with God.
- God has called you. Romans 8:29
- God has empowered. Acts 1
- God will use you. 2 Corinthians 5:16
- God has gifted you. 1 Peter 4:11-13
- God has placed you. 1 Corinthians 12
- Here comes the opposition. We are called to love God and everyone around us.